Skirts are great for pregnancy (or any other time, for that matter). They are comfortable to wear and easily coordinate with other things in your wardrobe. When the weather warms up in spring and summer, you’ll especially appreciate the breezy style of a pretty skirt.
This is not an ordinary denim skirt. The poly/viscose/spandex fabric is very fine and lightweight, with a smooth feel and very nice drape. The color is a deep denim blue with hints of aubergine, and it’s accented with diagonal stitching for visual appeal. The soft and stretchy tummy panel helps to accommodate your expanding waistline during pregnancy.
Solomon – the cat – kept rubbing on my skirt while Catherine was trying to take a photo of me so I finally just picked him up! (Finally got the cameo he always wanted, I guess.)
I simply ordered my pre-pregnancy size and then picked my desire length (33, 36 or 39 inches). Many of newCreation’s skirts can be ordered in the length of your choice, and I think that’s one of the best features of their website, and something very unique in the online fashion industry. Size ranges offered are also pretty generous: from ladies small to 2X.
If you want to know my honest thoughts about my new maternity skirt, I’ll put it this way. I’ve worn it more than six times in the past two weeks! And one of those times was church because it’s versatile enough to be dressed up or down. Not only does the contrast stitching give it an extra nice touch, but the hem of the skirt has a bit of flutter at the edges:
Simply put, it’s a flattering and very comfortable skirt, and at just $28.00 I would highly recommend it to any expectant mother as a wardrobe staple.
Here are a few items from their site that are on my “wish list” for after pregnancy:
Since I’ve been a customer of newCreation for many years, here are a few more reasons I can wholeheartedly recommend them to you:
- They sell hard to find items like maternity slips (in cotton!!) and longer silk slips.
- Shipping is super fast – my packages usually arrive within 3 days.
- Things I’ve purchased in past years still look and fit great; the quality and durability is stellar.
- The people behind the scenes are like old friends – kind, generous and extremely helpful. And they are truly committed to providing beautiful, modest and affordable clothing for women.
- There’s always something for sale in the Treasure Chest – you can find skirts up to 50% off.
newCreation has offered to give one lucky winner one of their skirts! You can choose whatever you want from the site – and the giveaway is open to both US and Canada. Good luck!