Is someone in your family eating eating gluten-free? Or have you been searching for more unique, nutrient-dense flours? If so, then I’m sure that having more variety would be most welcome. Pereg Natural Foods to the rescue! Pereg offers a wide variety of gluten-free flours, giving bakers better results and lots more options.
All Pereg flours are certified gluten-free and non-GMO, all are 100% natural, non-dairy and certified kosher. And thanks to Pereg’s generosity, you can enter to win a sample pack of Pereg flours to try at home!
Pereg’s healthful alternatives to white flour are packaged in 12 and 16 ounce resealable bags and start at just $5.99.
Here’s a little bit more about each type:
- Pereg Buckwheat Gluten-Free Flour – High in fiber and packed with essential minerals, buckwheat can really boost the nutritional value of your recipes. It’s a great base flour and easy to substitute with.
- Pereg Quinoa Gluten-Free Flour – Quinoa flour is stellar because of its protein content. The protein in quinoa flour helps to give your bread structure, and will improve the overall texture.
- Pereg Gluten-Free Banana Flour – Because of the high starch content in banana flour you can use less flour than specified in your everyday recipes. Banana flour mimics the results of wheat flour remarkably well, making for an easy transition in your everyday baking. With a minimal taste to this flour, your recipes will have an earthy, wholesome flavor and a light and fluffy texture.
- Pereg Gluten-Free Almond Flour – When you bake with almond flour, you’ll notice the texture tends to be more on the tender and cake-like side, that’s because of the higher fat content. Ideal for use in pizza crust, shortbread cookies and chicken nugget coating.
- Pereg Gluten-Free Coconut Flour – Coconut flour is super absorbent but doesn’t have much binding power, so eggs are commonly used to help give a recipe more structure. It’s a great option if you are worried about nut allergy or want something more affordable.
- Pereg Gluten-Free Chickpea Flour – Being naturally dense, chickpea flour lends something to your recipes that is often lacking when baking gluten-free: a pleasing texture! As a bonus, chickpeas contain protein, fiber, vitamins and more.
- Teff Gluten-Free Flour -Teff has been widely unavailable to the rest of the world until recently. It is best known as the basis for injera, the spongy, tangy flat bread found in place of forks and spoons at every Ethiopian meal. First cultivated some 6,000 years ago, this little grain has a long shelf life and is naturally fortified with protein, fiber, calcium, iron, and other essential minerals. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by it’s nutty, malt-like flavor!
- Plantain Gluten-Free Flour– Flour made from dried green plantains is a staple in many tropical locales. And guess what? It boasts more potassium than bananas! You can generally substitute plantain flour for regular flour in grain-free recipes .
Established in 1906, Pereg stands out as a leading producer of premium ancient grains, gluten-free flours, quinoa and couscous. There’s strict quality control all the way from sourcing to the final product.
Sign Up at Pereg’s Site and Get 15% Off!
Giveaway: One lucky Zephyr Hill reader will win two packages of Pereg gluten-free flours: Banana and Teff. This giveaway is open to US residents only. After you enter my giveaway, look below the entry form for more giveaways you can enter in the Star-Spangled Giveaway Event, hosted by MamatheFox.
Let me know in a comment which of these Pereg natural flours appeals to you the most. Good luck in the giveaway!
MamatheFox and all participating blogs are not held responsible for sponsors who fail to fulfill their prize obligations.