Is cloth diapering worth the time and effort if you’ll only be using them for one child? Yes, I think so, and here’s why.
Even if you only diaper one child in cloth, you will keep thousands of dirty diapers out of landfills. And you will still reap big financial benefits. Enter your unique numbers into the Thirsties Calculator; you could realize up to $2,000 (or more) in savings.
You might ask, “What about the water and energy I’ll use washing the diapers?” I’ve got that question answered here.
And after your cloth diapers have served their purpose, you can still re-sell and get some money back. Can’t do that with disposables! One way you can maximize your money savings if only cloth diapering one child is to buy used. That way, you’ll save significantly on your start-up costs.
And there are still a few MORE reasons that most families are really happy they choose cloth, no matter what their family size:
- Your cloth diapering experience can help other families who have questions or need support.
- Cloth diapers are adorable, beautiful, stunning, (insert your adjective of choice) and just plain fun to
- You will meet new friends and broaden your horizons by being a part of the cloth diapering community.
- Cloth diapers have helped out a lot of babies who were sensitive, or allergic, to disposables.
- Cloth diapering families help support other families and small businesses with their purchases.
So while it is true that the benefits multiply for each child that uses your diapers, never forget that even a single diaper change makes a positive impact!
What are some reasons that you’re happy you gave cloth a try?
This content was previously published at the Kelly Wels blog and has been updated.