Once you “become” a mother, you’ll always be one, of course. But there’s a new rush of emotions that you experience with each subsequent child. Each pregnancy and birth is different, and the family dynamic never stays the same.
When Mary Kate (our 9th) arrived this January, I thought once again about how our family’s life was changing again:
- Here we are, starting over again. Night-time feedings, newborn diapers and all the little baby milestones we’ll go through.
- Another child to homeschool. Fun and challenging at the same time… 🙂
- I’m free to spoil this child 100%. New babies don’t need to be scolded or reminded to eat their vegetables. They don’t fight with their siblings or get into trouble.
- With more help now, caring for a new baby (and my large family) won’t be overwhelming. Catherine (13) has become Mary Kate’s second mother, and Joseph (14) is great at keeping all his younger siblings in line (haha).
- Time to put my dresses away. I love wearing them (so comfortable and pretty!) but have never found an everyday “nursing dress” that I like. They are too short, too clingy or too expensive – or all three! And super long maxi’s are just not practical for me. (Psst: If you have some favorite nursing dresses to share, please tell me in a comment below!)
- I can’t believe this baby is mine! Yes, sometimes I just look at this beautiful little girl, and how innocent and brand new she is, and have to pinch myself. God is so good.
This May, HALO is celebrating the special moments that remind us why it’s so wonderful to be a mother. HALO Innovations is dedicated to putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first. More than 1,400 hospitals use HALO® SleepSack® wearable blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative.
Mary Kate received this lovely Gray Leaf print 100% cotton muslin HALO SleepSack in size small. It retails for $28.95 and features a handy two-way zipper and enough room for your baby legs to move about freely. SleepSacks are “wearable blankets” that keep babies cozy and safely covered, eliminating the need for blankets or quilts that can pose a risk.
The muslin material is soft and breathable, and dries very quickly.
TIP: When washing the 100% muslin SleepSack, HALO recommends zipping it up first and turning it inside out.
Giveaway: HALO is giving away one SleepSack to a lucky reader (limited to US residents)! Winner may choose 100% cotton or 100% cotton Muslin. HALO will also be hosting another Mother’s Day giveaway on social media beginning May 14th, so be sure to look out for that as well. Good luck and have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
HALO is also running a giveaway that you can enter here.