How do you deal with dirty diapers between washings? Scrape them? Dunk and swish them? User liners? Or perhaps you have a sprayer.
QD Spray is a mom-and-pop enterprise that was started to address a very simple problem: the price of diaper sprayers. I’m one of those mothers that has put off buying a sprayer for my entire diapering experience because I don’t want to spend fifty or sixty bucks on an accessory. I know that those who have them love them. But still I hesitate. And so do LOTS of other mothers I know.
Besides a lower price, QD Spray proposes a few more advantages:
- You aren’t confined to the potty. QD Spray hooks up to your laundry sink, your bathroom sink, your tub, etc.
- You can still use it with your toilet, if you want, because there are three lengths available: 4 feet, 8 feet and 12 feet.
- You can spray diapers without bending over or kneeling at the potty.
- You can adjust the water temperature.
- You can use QD Spray for lots of other things besides diapers. Some ideas: washing your hair, your pets, the children, rinsing and cleaning the tub or sink, and so on.
- You can travel easily with it. Take it off your sink, put it in the carry bag and hook it up at your next stop.
But don’t you have to spray diapers in the toilet? I wondered that, too, and here’s the answer. All the pipes in your house drain to the sewer or a septic system, so the waste is going to the proper place. I’ve learned over the years that many mothers do rinse diapers in the tub or a large sink (while first knocking off the big stuff in the toilet). Instead of flushing when rinsing is complete, you can mist the sink with Lysol or some other type of disinfectant.
I chatted with Melissa at QD Spray about this question and she told me “People can most certainly spray off the poop wherever they choose, but we find the most people feel comfortable spraying it off in the toilet.”
Courtney, who has the QD Spray in stock at Over the Moon Diapers (starting at $39.99), sent me a couple of pictures which show how it attaches to the sink faucet:
The QD Spray will fit most faucets, but not all. There are additional adapters that can be purchased. You can check the website for known-exceptions.
I’m really thrilled about getting the opportunity to personally review the QD Spray and share with you on my blog! But with baby #8 coming in just 4 short weeks, this will have to wait until fall. However, today you get to go ahead and enter to win one of your own!
Over the Moon Diapers has put together a truly one-of-a-kind event to showcase innovative cloth diapering products. Read about and enter to win some great prizes from the brands featured below, plus be sure to follow all the participants on social media! Giveaway ends July 11th at midnight and is open to US residents only. Good luck!
- Freemie – Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook
- GroVia – Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram
- Spray Pal – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+
- qdspray – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+
- Over the Moon – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest
- So Easy Being Green – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram
- Change Diapers – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube
- Easy Green Mom – Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+
- Diaper Wrecker – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest