Not only do I have a unique diaper review to share with you today, but there are also TWO giveaways you can enter, so read on!
The “BOMBshell” is lined with an exclusive (hospital-grade, hypoallergenic) black fleece fabric, and has a front/back pocket openings and three rows of rise snaps (which equates to 4 adjustable size settings). Inserts can be attached to a snap which is located both at the front and back of the shell. Inserts are made of several layers of microfiber with a gray charcoal bamboo top:
Rock-a-Bums are designed to offer 5 options for versatility: AIO, AI2, pocket, hybrid or a separate cover. I wasn’t able to test it as a hybrid as those inserts are not yet available.
I like using my Rock-a-Bums best as a cover, either with the included inserts laid inside, or with other diapers from my stash (flats and prefolds). As an AIO it also works quite well, as the insert will generally stay attached in the washer and dryer. Used as an AI2 or a cover, the 2.0 does have a minor drawback – the fleece interior is not “wipe clean and reuse.” Once the lining gets wet, everything has to be washed. I did test the diaper as a pocket, and it also performed well, but stuffing is not my cup of tea, so I don’t generally use the pocket feature.
The Rock-a-Bums diaper is very absorbent with one insert, and nighttime worthy with two. There haven’t been any leaks or blowouts yet, and after lots of usage over more than a month’s time, it’s holding up superbly. All the components are very easy to clean, although I have noticed the black fleece attracts hair and lint very easily.
Other features I really love:
- The square tabs and double snaps on the wings make this a really well-fitting diaper. There are no hip snaps, but this diaper doesn’t droop at all. I love how it looks on my little ones!
- A strip of PUL fabric on the inside front gives extra protection when your baby is on his tummy.
- The black fleece lining and gray insert fabrics are both very soft AND excellent at hiding stains.
- Although I’m not into the “rock and roll” theme, I really do like the bold, contrasting colors (black, white, red) for both boys and girls. Plus, the NEW PRINTS that are now available (see below) are really bright and appealing!
- If you purchase Rock-a-Bums to just use as a cover, it’s $16.95, but it also includes 2 of the inserts, so the price is really good compared to other one-size covers on the market.
And now, here are the NEW just-released prints, in both snap and velcro closure!
In order from left to right: Green Plaid, Pink Plaid, Zanadu (my favorite) and Blue Velvet:
GIVEAWAY NUMBER 1
You can enter to win a Rock-a-Bums in your choice of print or color right here on my blog. Just use the Rafflecopter form below.