When I’m shopping for a tiny, delicate newborn I always opt for the most natural and gentle products I can find. Little ones have very sensitive skin, so I really appreciate things like cloth diapers and organic bath products. Last month, I was introduced to Lalabee Bathworks, a Canadian company that makes natural and certified organic skincare products for mamas and babies. Lalabee uses recyclable packaging and biodegradable ingredients, plus they never test on animals and donate some of their sales proceeds to Heifer International Honeybees.
Lalabee Bathworks sent us a beautiful package of baby skin care products for little Erik. Here’s what it included:
Bottom Spray: I’ve used the bottom spray nearly every day. It’s a simple, natural blend of aloe vera, organic witch hazel and lavender essential oil. You can spray right on baby’s bottom or onto a cloth wipe. The fragrance is very nice and not overwhelming at all, and the witch hazel has natural astringent qualities. Retail price is just $10.95.
Baby Lotion: The lotion is wonderful, too! Our air is so dry in Kansas and it’s worse during winter. Both Erik and I have used the lotion a lot and because of that I’m actually glad this one is fragrance-free. It absorbs very quickly and doesn’t feel heavy or greasy at all. You don’t have to use much at all and it helps to keep your skin moisturized almost all day. If you have super dry or chapped skin, Lalabee has a more intense Baby Moisturizer. The lotion is just $7.95, which I think is great for such a high-quality and 100% organic product.
Baby Wash: This has a light, pleasing fragrance and is formulated with nourishing aloe vera and chamomile. I like that it’s a shampoo and body wash all in one, so you can use it on baby from head to toe. Plus, you can buy refills from Lalabee to help reduce waste. I really love the pump bottle design and can dispense it with one hand (see photo). That’s great for when I’m holding onto slippery, wet Erik with one hand and baby wash in the other! It retails for $13.95 and is not just for babies…..older children and adults can enjoy it, too (I’ve stolen some a few times for my showers).
Other products in the Lalabee lineup include:
- Organic cloth wipes (muslin and flannelette) made with low-impact dyes. These are pictured below and are just $4.95 for a pack of two. They are preshrunk and measure 7×8 so they can be folded to fit in a wipes container.
- Milk bath made with natural goat milk powder which is known for it’s gentle, soothing qualities.
- Lanolin-free Nipple Cream for nursing mothers and fragrance-free hypoallergenic Belly Butter for pregnant tummies.
- Bottom balm (one of their best-sellers) that’s petroleum and fragrance free. It contains some really good stuff like organic olive oil, Vitamin E and healing flower extracts. Many of their customers use the Bottom Balm with their cloth diapers and have had no problems, but Lalabee still suggests you might want to use a liner since it does contain natural beeswax. They tested the balm with a cloth diaper service and found that it washes out just fine when used in small amounts.
* Shopping at Lalabee Bathworks *
Find all the natural, gentle products your family needs
at the Lalabee Bathworks online store. I love the simple, appealing packaging
and think Lalabee would make great gifts as well!
SPECIAL DISCOUNT of 20% off for my fans using code Zephyr13
* Enter to Win a Lalabee Bathworks Baby Essentials Kit *
One lucky reader will receive a Baby Essentials Kit which contains
Baby Wash, Baby Lotion and Bottom Balm
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below.