After four years of diapering, we’ve finally gotten around to trying out the famous Fuzzibunz diapers at Zephyr Hill. And this is thanks to my friend and a fellow cloth-diapering mother, Erica, at the Green Baby Goods store. At Green Baby Goods you’ll find pretty much anything to satisfy your cloth diapering needs: pockets, AIO and AI2 diapers, prefolds and flats, covers, creams, detergents and more! Erica carries one of my favorite brands – Sweet Pea diaper covers. I picked up one of their just-released covers for my newborn the other day, and can’t wait to try it in January 🙂
Erica sent us this gorgeous grape FuzziBunz Elite Pocket Diaper (retail $19.95). It includes two inserts and a set of replacement elastic:
This is a very trim diaper and it truly is “one size” because of the adjustable internal elastic in the waist and the legs. You simply locate the elastic inside the band and fasten the button at the proper setting for your baby’s size. There are even tiny little numbers marked on the elastic to insure that the button settings match on both sides. It takes about 30 seconds and you can tuck any excess elastic back inside the hole so it won’t bother your little one. And extra replacement elastic means that if your guy or gal reaches the toddler stage and is still in diapers, you can easily add “new life” to your Fuzzibunz diapers so they’ll last longer.
There’s also a quick video tutorial at the Fuzzibunz website that shows you how to adjust the Elite, and how to replace elastic later on, if needed.
The Fuzzibunz Elite followed the popular one-size pocket and was engineered to be trimmer fitting, faster drying and easier to adjust. The inner is also made of a higher quality, no-pill fleece.
WHAT I LIKE
- The diaper and inserts barely take a 1/2 cycle in the dryer before they are done.
- The minky inserts are very soft and cozy, and trimmer than standard microfiber.
- The diaper is super trim and fits Susanna, who is short, really well.
- The adjustable elastic gives you a fine tuned fit around the legs.
WHAT I WOULD CHANGE
- The inserts are difficult to stuff inside the pocket
- The diaper has a low rise and may not fit larger babies or toddlers well.
- The minky inserts don’t seem to be quite as absorbent as regular microfiber inserts. The diaper hasn’t leaked, but Susanna can’t wear it as long as other pockets.
In addition to selling points like trimness and adjustability, you’ve also got the lifetime PUL and snap defects warranty that Fuzzibunz offers to back up their diapers. The sewing/workmanship is covered for one full year.
My overall impression of the Fuzzibunz Elite is definitely positive. It was so much fun getting to try this very popular pocket. Here are some of the beautiful colors you can choose from:
* Cloth Diaper Deals at Green Baby Goods *
Right now you can get a free diaper with your purchase over $39!
Just enter code FREEFLUFF when you checkout at Green Baby Goods
Free shipping on US orders over $25 and Canadian orders over $50
* Enter to Win *