When Susanna was a young baby I had two cute little Swaddlebees ABC Wrap covers in size small that were definite favorites. I hated when they were tied up in the laundry and couldn’t wait to get them back on her again. The fit and durability got 5 stars from me and ever since then I’ve been a big Swaddlebees fan (in fact, I’ve got a cute little owl print cover tucked away for my newborn due in January!).
So I’m really thrilled to be reviewing the Capri diaper cover and insert for you thanks to the generous folks at Swaddlebees!
This is the adorable dino cover that arrived in the mail, and the package of 2 Capri inserts:
Both covers and inserts come in two different sizes: one fits 6 to 16 pounds and two fits 12 to 35 pounds.
Here’s what the cover and inserts look like opened up:
See how cute they fit? I love this brand so much!
Adorable from all angles!
And Susanna, at 18 pounds, can wear the Size two also:
Look at all the prints and colors that Swaddlebees offers:
What we love about our Swaddlebees Capri Cover:
- As with my other Swaddlebees diapers, the fit is so cute and trim with our Capri cover!
- The PUL is thick and sturdy but very soft. Time has proven for me the durability of these covers.
- The dino print we got is adorable and I can’t wait to try some of the other cute prints and colors; with the exception of maybe Bummis, I think Swaddlebees has the most print choices out there!
- I like the flaps on the front and back of the cover which help hold inserts in.
- Because the covers come in two different sizes, the range of fit is better than other “one size” covers on the market. With all our other PUL covers, Samuel is using the largest setting and there’s no room to grow. With our Capri Size 2, we still have one more row of snaps to use! I am thinking the size 1 I have stashed away is going to be a great newborn cover.
Anything I would change to make the Swaddlebees Capri Cover better?
- At $16.95 for size 1 covers and $19.95 for size 2 covers, the Capri is definitely at the higher end of the price spectrum. They are very high quality and the print/color options are numerous, so it’s worth it if you can afford, but I would like to see them a bit lower. However, Swaddlebees frequently has clearance sales and you can also find them in great condition at diaper swap sites.
What we love about the Capri insert:
- It’s made primarily of birdseye cotton, which is a tried-and-true and very absorbent (and trim!) diapering material. It’s what most “old fashioned” flat diapers are made of.
- The stay-dry layer is a nice option to have when baby is going to be in the diaper for a few hours or more.
- They clean up easily and dry faster than other cotton diapers and inserts since the layers are not all sewn together.
What I would change about the Capri insert:
- At $12.95 for a 2-pack of size one inserts and $15.95 for a 2-pack of the size two inserts, the price is not as high as a fitted, but is still much more than a prefold or flat diaper. It would be great if the price was a little lower, especially if a mother wanted her stash to consist mainly of these inserts.
(and you’ll get a free one-size cloth diaper if your purchase is over $39 with code LABORDAY plus automatic free shipping if you spend more than $49!!)
(retail value $15.95 to $19.95) Enter using the Rafflecopter form below.