The Bumtique is a wonderful little WAHM shop run by a very creative lady named Angela. She makes one-size pocket diapers with cotton prints on the outside for that custom look and a hidden layer of PUL so you don’t have to use a cover. The size range is approximately 8 to 35 pounds. Angela can also make bibs to match her diapers.
Here’s the amazing Star Wars themed pocket diaper we received:
Words can’t describe Samuel’s excitement when I opened the package. His eyes got huge and he pointed at the diaper and started humming the Darth Vadar theme. I had to smile! Things got even funnier when he immediately started tugging at his jeans to get them off so he could try out his new “pants” (this is what he calls diapers).
Fits like a glove – no sagging, no gaps. I like the wide, square tabs with double snaps:
A close-up from the front:
And from behind – this is a very trim cut diaper in both the back and front.
And here’s the diaper opened up. It’s lined with white microfleece:
And here’s something else that makes The Bumtique so unique: Angela’s current promotion right now is to send with every diaper order (no minimum) a free mini cloth diaper keychain dangle! They open and close with snaps just like a real pocket diaper and even have a miniature insert stuffed inside. These are the two that Angela sent to us. Aren’t they cute?
You can hang them from pretty much anything using the little fabric loop – a lanyard, your purse or diaper bag, a gift for a new mother, etc. My son, Joseph, discovered that his Beanie Baby cat named Jack could squeeze into one of the tiny diapers!
After enjoying our Bumtique pocket diaper for a few weeks, here are my impressions!
What I love:
- Affordable prices for WAHM diapers that range from $13 to $19
- The cotton print outers enable mothers to choose from a huge variety of fabrics. I never could have found a Star Wars diaper from a mainstream brand!
- The fit is trim and comfortable; leg gussets are very soft and leave no marks.
- You get a cute freebie with every order!
- Angela’s diapers are all proudly made in the USA
- After weeks of washing and using (Samuel wanted to wear it ALL the time), our diaper still looks like new and is holding in leaks and blowouts with no problems.
What I would change:
- The pocket opening/crotch area is very narrow. This does give a very trim fit, but if I ordered a custom I’d request a wider pocket opening (if possible). That would make it easier to get my hand (and inserts) in and out.
- We can’t go *as* long in this diaper as Samuel would with a regular PUL pocket because wetness will start to wick out onto the cotton printer outer layer.
- It would be great if The Bumtique added coordinating inserts to the shop line-up!
* GIVEAWAY *
Angela has offered to give one lucky reader a custom pocket diaper in choice of print!
Retail value is approximately $15.00. Prize includes the diaper but no insert.
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below.
* Giveaway Closed: No Longer Accepting Entries*